Thursday, March 20, 2008

Mixing it up.

Fantastic, I started swimming 3 weeks ago, after doing very little exercise since the middle of October (5 months). Today I swam with a girl who I consider fast, from the last time when I was swimming and today we were the same speed.

So, I'm back up to speed in a very short time (as long as the girl was swimming as quick as she was doing when I was swimming last time!!).

Interval sessions is what I started off with and these sessions have only being lasting 40 mins, including the warm up and cool down. I've noticed very quick results with this type of training, however, I have been aware of needing to do more of an aerobic workout to improve stamina. After doing a swimming session which lasted 1 hour 15 mins, including warm up and cool down, I am happy that I have found a routine that will satisfy stamina training.

Now it is possible to mix up these sessions and balance out my training routine. After this I plan on starting to ride my bike and hone in my training program for that, of which, I have a good idea of how it will go.

I am sooo looking forward to getting back on a bike :-)

Have fun.

No comments: