Saturday, March 01, 2008

Last week I saw the doctor regarding my progress with the scaphiod. All is healling well and the next stage of recovery is now in place.

Training has recommenced, which means I can start swimming again. I love swimming its a great part of my training routine. So that it's easier for me to get even better results in the pool I purchased a heart rate monitor which I can use in the water (a monitor which requires no watch). After downloading my first session, it is easy to realise the benefit of having such data.

My HR was running as high as 180 bpm (my max being 186) and dropping only as low as 160 bpm for the duration of a 40 mins training session!

So, there are two things to take into consideration: 1, My current fitness level is may be only average, and 2, Inactive recovery is required during the training sessions to help lower the HR training zone.

Only having this HR data is it possible to know how to alter my training to get the best improvements. The next thing to do is to organise a maximal fitness test to find out exactly where I'm at now and then develop a programme that will allow me to be in great shape by the 1st June this year.

Enjoy training :-)

No comments: