Thursday, June 11, 2009

Balancing the wheels!!

Full of exuberance and totally motivated for our ride to John O'Grotes, I started cycling, whilst carrying on with my swimming and at the same time was busting out some long hours at work.

A little too much, so my body gave me a cold sore, and began to give me the feeling of being run down. As soon as I could feel the cold sore, I stopped training because I know my body is saying 'you have to stop, rest and pay attention to what you are doing!'

What did I need to pay attention to? Balancing the wheel. Being more specific about my training.

I now swim Tuesday, Friday, Sunday and cycle Monday to Friday.

Swimming involves technique and speed on Tuesday and Friday and we do a training session on Sunday, which is awesome fun.

Cycling involves completing a 25 mile ride at a steady pace for one more week and then I will be doing different sessions which include longer distances and interval work (I love doing interval work :-)).

I feel like I am getting to kill two birds with one stone at the moment. The reason why I swim is so that I can be fit enough to jump on my motocross bike and ride with good fitness straight away. Now with the inclusion of cycling, my fitness is improving even more and I think that by the time we have finished the ride, I will be ready to race again.

If I continue training and start practicing on my motocross bike, I imagine that I will be feeling competitive come the new season of 2010. Oooh, now there's a thought that makes me lick my lips :-)

For now though, I'll look after the seeds I have sown :-)

No comments: