Thursday, June 11, 2009

CT Scan

I have been to the hospital to have a CT scan on my wrist to check that the scaphoid bone, which was operated on, is heal correctly. My visit to the doctor last week was fun. My appointment was supposed to be 3 months after the opperation, this appointment was 15 months afterwards!!

My first visit with the doctor, he mentioned that there was about 40% success rate with the operation and that I would have restricted movement.

Before I went in to have my operation, I wrote on my hand which was to be operated on 'anything is possible' and 'everyone is amazing', I wanted him to do a good job for me :-)

We decided (the doctor and I) after the operation to have my lower arm in a cast to stop me doing daft things, such as ride Kates motorbike and cut my pot off so I could drive the hire car on holiday in America (well I only rode fairly slowly and it was nearly time to have the cast removed when we where on holiday!).

The cast was removed and I was to take it easy for 9 months. In 2 months from this time I was racing in Iceland and won the championship!

My plan for the visit to the doctors was to find out how good the bone is and then own up! The bone has healed well and I have very nearly full movement of my wrist and nearly full power grip, compared to my right hand!

The doctor was really chuffed so I told how soon I was riding, then racing and winning. It was great to watch his face as he smiled, listening to my tales :-)

I'll be signed off after we have the results of the CT scan.

All is good!

No comments: