Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ready

Today we are setting off to start our ride tomorrow (Wednesday). First I am doing a test on next years Yamaha YZF 250 which will be really good fun. I have woken up early this morning so I am going to go swimming before riding motor bikes! I have done little swimming recently and I'm looking forward to getting back into it on our successful completion of our ride.

I am totally rested now that I have had a fantastic time on the coast, in the caravan, with my family, good times, for 5 days and it feels like a month since I did any training!!

Training has gone to plan.

On my first training bike riding I had worked out that by the time the trip began I would have cycled as far as we where going to ride in the week. My odometer reads 900miles at the moment - how cool is that!

Also, I had decided that I wanted to build up to doing the distance we are covering in one day before the ride so I know what to expect. In the 12 weeks of riding, I had two opportunities to ride 90+ miles and once to do 135 miles and perfectly timed intervals in the 12 week period. I find it cool that without writing up a schedule these opportunities arose at just the right time.

Its amazing what your unconscious mind will create when you know what it is that you want to do!

I now have everything ready - vitamins, drinks, food, clothing and a serviced bike, all we need now is good weather and clear roads :-)

No comments: