Monday, December 10, 2007

Certification

Since I went to see Ashley Scott at Mindracing for a break through session, I 've been learning about NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) and have been using some of it for coaching, with great results. I was totally blown away with Time Line Therapy (the process used in the Break Through session) and have been learning about it and going through the self development as I have gathered more information on the subject.

I have now completed my courses and have become a Master Practitioner of NLP, Time Line Therapy and Hypnosis.

Why would I want to use this for Motocross coaching?

The great thing about NLP is that it's about communication, problem solving and empowerment. So it's easy for someone to learn a new technique or strategy for racing, it's possible for a rider to over come mental blocks through conversation, as well as using Anchors to get rid of, for example, nerves before starts or jumps.

For problems that people may experience all of the time, rather than some of the time (such as before a start) then Time Line Therapy is the tool for removing negative emotions, such as, Anger, Sadness, Fear, Hurt & Guilt, as well as Limiting Decisions and Limiting Beliefs.

Hypnosis is great for coaching, of which, I want to practice some ideas that I have for it's use with riding. Also, it's great for relaxation and unconscious suggestions.

So, at the moment I am putting different coaching packages together and am really excited about creating, empowering transformations for anyone in sport whether that be riders, mechanics, teams or businesses.

In a previous blog I wrote about setting SMARTER goals. If you want to achieve something for racing next year or something in life, use this method and you will put yourself in good stead for achieving it.

No comments: