Sunday, October 29, 2006

Riding blind

Geoff had come to our house early so we could go out for a training ride on our racers.
Geoff has cycled from Lands end to John O'Groats (another future goal for myself!) so I was looking forward to getting out on the 'treader's' with him. Another thing I was really looking forward to was using my Polar S725 heart rate monitor that I had only got back that morning (The batteries had been replaced).
This made the ride, a ride of relief, as I could actually relate my perception of effort, from previous rides, to the actual level (specific heart rate) of the ride itself.
I am really pleased with the results because even without the heart rate monitor on I have been riding in the correct HR (heart rate) zones. I will explain about hr zones another time.
So, there is no more riding blind and from now on I can ride with a lot more precision.

No comments: