Saturday, November 04, 2006

Cusworth bikes and Honda


I have been working with Custworth bikes to create a shop at my circuit Doncaster moto parc and I believe that we have truly produced a win/win situation.
It is important for me to keep customers riding all day when visiting us, allowing riders to replace any broken bike parts to keep their bikes running and for Cusworths to increase there turnover whilst reaching new customers and more awareness in the motocross sector.

With help from my dad (a joiner by trade), we have managed to turn our signing on container into a shop with a counter and slat walling to hang products on, this looks great and will help us be more efficient with riders signing on and the shop itself.

In between converting the container, I had a meeting with Kevin Williams from Honda and Chris Hall at Custworths and secured a deal that will allow me to use 6 bikes throughout next season (shown above).

These meetings are the end result of me exploring other opportunities to race with different teams and manufacturers and as soon as I had realised that riding Honda was a possibility, it was amazing how much drive I had to make sure riding Honda was the outcome.

I know, deep down, that Honda's are the best bike for me and that I produced excellent results in the Grand Prix and British Champs when riding them.
I also know that my mechanic from 2000, a Dutchman called Jacky Boerman, has great suspension settings, for me on Honda and will be able to produce an awesome engine and bike as a hole.

Jacky is an incredible mechanic and engineer and I would love to be able to acquire his services for the next three seasons.

No comments: