Thursday, November 09, 2006

First time rider - Kate


Today has been the first day, my wife, Kate, has ridden her TTR125 four stroke bike.
We had already practiced using the clutch to find the bitting point and moving roughly one metre.

After 5 minutes instructing, in the car park at my track, Kate was off and riding very well for the first time on a bike, using the gears and going quite fast around the outside of the car park.
It was fantastic to see her face lit up inside her lazer helmet.

After riding around the outside of the car park, I set her the challenge of riding around an oval marked out by two cones. Again after a couple of minutes instruction and a demonstration from myself (I really want to ride as well!), Kate started to ride really tight lines and looked comfortable, even though she was having to consciously think of all the skills she was learning.
Women, tend to be able to process more chunks of information per second, then men do and this gives good reason for women to be good at multitasking!

Kate was loving riding so much that she wanted a go on the main track. That was it, she was off and even managed to get some air on a table top jump!

We left the track after Kate had ridden for nearly two hours solid and I came away feeling quite emotional because Kate was so happy and pleased with herself after having so much fun. I felt overwhelmed because I was able to give something to Kate. Ever since knowing Kate, she has supported me, in motocross and now I can give her something back, something that she wants to do.

No comments: