Thursday, December 28, 2006

Quarter of a century!

We have had a great time over Christmas, the kids and Kate have enjoyed themselves and we have had a busy time meeting family and friends.
I had a training session on my bicycle, on boxing day, using a Sunnto T6 heart rate monitor. An excellent piece of equipment, which, I will describe in more detail, another time.
I also had a great practice session on my Honda. Using the new techniques to help me with my concentration, I felt great riding and I had so much fun.

On my way back from working on the track this morning, I was still thinking about how much fun I had, yesterday. This lead me on to thinking how great it is that at 33 years old, I love riding bikes.

When I was a kid (around the age of 7), I remember that as soon as I got home from school, I would throw my school bag in the hall, get my B.M.X. and ride the wheels off it, making jumps and tracks, to race myself around. I started riding motocross bikes when I was 8 years old and started racing the year after.

I have been riding motocross for 25 years and still absolutely, love it. I am consumed with it and now, more than ever, my desire to fulfill my goals can be felt in my body.
The feeling I have is just below my heart and is quite tight, warm and in the shape of a smooth, large pebble (about the size of your fist), This is a reason why I am unable to be 'less serious'!
This also demonstrates the reason why I need to take a different approach to my racing, so that, I will achieve my goals.

No comments: