Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Too much fun Vs heart rate!

I have enjoyed, another training session on the bike today. Practicing specific techniques and keeping my heart rate in the correct area is quite a challenge. Practicing technique is easy, keeping my heart rate down, low enough, is tough with other riders on the track. I found myself getting into a rhythm on the bike, and then, having so much fun riding, forgetting to keep my H.R. around 165.

My motocross fitness will come with perseverance and discipline and I will be required to do, a little riding, often.

With the Suunto T6 monitor, I am finding that it is really easy to overreach when practicing.
I am currently experimenting different styles of training sessions, at different times in the day to see if I can be really effective with my training. I will blog about my findings in due course.

No comments: