Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Test of resolve.

Today, I have completed my first days training on the Stefan Everts School. We had a great days riding, although, I found it very hard. New boots, grips, newly serviced suspension and two days of solid driving in the van has left me feeling very tired.

My lap times were 15 seconds a lap slower than Tyla Rattray (A factory KTM rider in the MX2 class). Whilst I know this is great feedback, I also feel a little cheesed off because I would have hoped the gap would be a smaller at this point.

I am, however, very pleased with how I have been able to respond to this feedback. In the past I would have felt very despondent and have the feeling of wanting to ‘give in’. With this experience, I did have this feeling for a very short time and then I was able to consider reasons for a lack of performance from myself and also, that, I just simply have a lot of work to do. I know how to do work, so really, I will be able to get what I want.

No comments: