Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Eat well, keep fit......

I have enjoyed a weekend, in Manchester, with my family, celebrating my brothers 40th birthday.

I really let my hair down by having one or two drinks (with alcohol in!) and mostly by eating lots of rubbish food (processed and full of sugar!). As I watched people around me really abuse themselves (in my opinion) with, booze and food, I noticed with ease that there was a lot of fun going on with happy people at the party. I also noticed that I was having a great time even though I felt slightly guilty that I was abusing my body with a couple of drinks and some cakes!

I am just so rock'n'roll!!! Haha

This has reminded me of a saying I once read:-

Eat well, keep fit and die anyway.

From this saying it is easy to think 'yes, why should I be healthy?' , however for me, it is a saying that means what it says ' eat well and keep fit'. Even when I finish racing and my fitness level loses it's importance, I know I will carry on training as I do now because it's just away of life for me.

This is great!

No comments: