Monday, May 21, 2007

Fun

My training is going great at the moment. I have mentioned, previously, that my training is based around fun.

I understand that the word 'fun' can have different meanings to different people, so, when I go cycling, I love listening to the chain running through the gears (when I have the volume turned low enough, on my mp3 player), I love feeling the cool wind against my cycle jacket and the pressure that goes through my feet in to the peddles, I love checking my current heart rate and to be able to look at the world go by, as I train, is all fun.
When I swim, I love concentrating my technique and thinking about how many breathes I take each length, I love being able to hear my heart beat, lungs fill and expel air, whilst under water and I love to see my hands grab a whole lot of water, making bubbles as I push really hard through the water.
As for motocross, I love seeing things go passed me really fast (and that is, as I go past things!)
I love feeling the throttle on the stop and the brake lever being pulled in as far as possible, I love the smell of 2 stroke engines and the sound of either, 2 or 4 stroke motors.

All these things I have mentioned I regard as fun, however, the one thing I find more fun than anything else, is the effort, I really enjoy giving it my all and getting out of breath.

Keep healthy!!

No comments: