Thursday, March 08, 2007

Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice

A number of years ago, I think five, I was really moved by some information or an article I had read. It was about the Bluebell Wood children's hospice.
I got to really understand what a hospice is and what it does for severely disabled and terminally ill children. Thinking now, it was at a time when my eldest daughter was a small baby, a time when I was even more grateful than I am now, for a healthy child to be in our family.
Within a few weeks of me knowing this, I was approached by a group of local riders who wanted hold a 24 hour motocross event, of which, I agreed to, so long as, I could choose the charity, of which, they agreed.
I was really pleased about this and happy that we could raise money for the Bluebell Wood appeal.

The same group of guys are holding the event again this year and the money raised is still going to the same charity, I take my hat off to these people for making this happen. As you can imagine, there is a lot of effort required to organise an event like this, for example, getting permission from the council, arranging lighting, organising sponsorship forms and getting it! and all this happens before they even get on their bikes and ride for 24 hours! Fair play to you guys.

Therefore, I have put a link on my website home page, www.edbradley.co.uk , so that anyone wanting to make a donation, can do so, quickly and easily.

So, when, you want to make a donation, please do so to help parents and children who need to use the Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice.

Thank you.

No comments: