Thursday, March 22, 2007

Preparation

My preparation for my first race this weekend is going really well. I rode Tuesday and Wednesday (Doncaster Moto Parc was in fantastic condition) and today I will be cycling for one hour and then, physically, I have prepared myself the best I can. The rest of today and tomorrow will be spent preparing my trusty steed.

As Sunday gets closer, the feeling of excitement, is building up quite considerably. I need to concentrate on checking my thoughts over the next few days! Whilst I am really excited about racing, I am also a little nervous, as I haven't been filled in with roost or spent 35 minutes banging bars with other riders since last summer.

My goal is to finish 10th or better in both races. I will be really pleased with two 10th place finishes, I believe I can finish a lot higher and I will have to carefully look at any feedback I get for finishing outside the top 10.

No comments: