Thursday, March 08, 2007

Awesome feelings.

I have recently returned from a trip to Holland, where I have spent a few days, with Jacky Boerman, preparing my Honda 490, for the MX3 races. Surprisingly, most tracks where water logged (the majority of tracks in Holland are deep sand and drain water really quickly). We were Lucky to find a track that was open.

When we arrived, I was really excited as the track was in perfect condition. We tested two different types of exhaust pipes that Craig Elwell, at DEP exhaust, had given me to test. One header pipe that produced lots of bottom end power, with less top end power and the second header, which provided smooth and strong bottom and mid range power and a really hard hit just after the mid range and all the way through the top end power. We have chosen to run with the second pipe, as this one felt awesome and made my lap times even faster. This is great news.

I also experienced one of my favourite feelings. A feeling that makes riding motocross so addictive.
At the end of a fast straight there was a long left hand corner which lasted, roughly 40 meters. The line I was using was around the outside of the corner, against a really nice shaped bank. The bike was in 4th gear and I was using roughly half to three quarters of the throttle ( the speed was quite high!) and I was taking the turn stood up, both feet on the foot rests.
This on it's own is an awesome feeling, however, what was really turning me on was that a number of times, I had, the inside foot rest dragging in the sand. This means that the bike was lent over a long way. This was an awesome feeling.

No comments: