Friday, March 02, 2007

Persistence?

I am in Holland at the moment and have just returned from a 50 minute run.

Whilst running, I questioned my persistence in a achieving my goals because in the short term, I feel that recently, I can do better. However, from being a kid I have longed to be MX3 World Champion. I ask myself, have I had any setting backs that have required me to persistant?

In 1989, I broke my neck and was told I would be unable to ride again. A number of years, I had financial set backs. After my best season racing, I broke both my ankles which took 18 months to correct and after having to take care of a fatally injured person, not only did I finish racing, I almost lost my business at the track.

Does this demonstrate persistence or just bad decisions? Either way, these are past experiences and now is the time, to only consider the future.

No comments: