Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Love and Fear

I have recently, often recalled to myself, a time when I was watching a race, in between my races, at Marshalls quarry, Hatfield, Doncaster. It was an overcast, cool, still day at the beginning of the year. I remember where I was stood watching and having a conversation with a riders dad. I could only just hear him as it was quite noise where we were stood.

He said something that sounded interesting and I didn't quite catch what he said. Luckily, rather than nod my head and say yes, I asked him to repeat what he had said and he repeated 'There are two things you need when you race Motocross.......Love and Fear, you have got to love racing and be scared(fear) of loosing'.

This was said to me 17 years ago and now after listening to Bob Proctor talk about setting goals, he suggests that we set extraordinary goals that empower us and scare us at the same time.

I have blogged about having these feelings previously, and as you know, I have set a big goal!

No comments: