Friday, February 23, 2007

Looking after 'THE' goose

As the wet weather continues, I found myself in a dilemma on Wednesday. First of all, I was finding it hard to motivate myself to ride, as the track was in a poor condition and only a few customers stayed to have a go.
I had conflict going on inside my mind and I new that if I was to ride, I needed to have a clear mind (especially in these conditions) and after a short conversation with my wife, I had dealt with the conflict.
So, at the track I did my warm up and my first 40 minute moto, which I really enjoyed, however, it was very demanding on the bike. Wanting to look after the goose (my bike) I wondered if I should do my second moto. I decided that I should ring my friend Andy Kyffin and talk through what would the best approach.

The response I got was fantastic and immediate: 'do another 40 minute moto, you've got to look after the goose'.

I train well, eat well, drink well and practice well, however, this comment woke me up to consider that I am the goose also!
My second 40 minute moto was awesome and I felt great.

This goes to show that, I do have a good team around me and that achieving my goals is a team effort, there is no way I am doing this on my own because of the support and help I get.

No comments: