Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Rest day......at hospital

Today has been a rest day, which ended up with a trip to hospital!
I had ridden very hard the two days before and needed a rest. I have had interest from Harry, and he has welcomed me to train with him in Belgium.
This, I am really pleased with, Harry Everts is a four times motocross world champion and he has offered to help me train and help with my races in the MX3 world championship. A good result.
The trip to hospital came after loading the bikes into the van and leaving the tip of my finger in the chain and sprocket as the wheeled turned, when lifting the bike in to the van.
The piece of flesh hanging on the end of my finger had a piece of nail attached to the skin still. It looked messy and I was really pleased with how I managed the pain. One thing that did make me laugh was that when I went to ask Harry for some antiseptic, he ran away and couldn't look at the blood, this was really funny!
My last day of riding is tomorrow and then we begin our trip home and then it is straight off to a wedding with my wife and the girls. This I am really looking forward to.

No comments: