Friday, February 02, 2007

Improvement

Yesterday, was a similar day again, gym first, track second. At the track, we rode 2 long motos. For the first, I was so sleepy tired and feeling drained, my lap times where similar as to previous times, however, quite inconsistent. For the second moto, I really didn’t want to go out and ride, I was that tried.
Something happened when I went out, I found a rhythm and had a really good focus on what I wanted to concentrate on. The result was that, my lap times had improved by 5 seconds a lap and where within 3 seconds each lap, until I started to fade at the end.
After practicing, I felt better than in the morning and when we got back to the hotel, we did nothing, waited for dinner and I was fast a sleep 10pm and woke at 7.30am. Nine and a half hours sleep for me is incredible, I needed it though.
We got a surprise when we went to breakfast this morning as there is no gym and we are going to be free riding today. Time to have some fun!

There are three other British riders here who are a little upset because the school is not meeting their expectations. In Stefan’s group, a plan is made and we follow it. There is no instruction or coaching. This has been great for me as I have made sometime to speak to Stefan and ask him questions that I want answering. He has been very forthcoming with information and therefore makes the training even more worth while.

On our day off, Petur and I went to watch Harry Everts group, training, to see what we will be doing next week and it looked a little unorganized. Riders were pulling on and off the track when they liked and Harry would periodically pull the group over, instruct riders on a certain corner and then watch as the 15 or so riders practiced the section.
This was our view from the outside, next week I can talk about what actually happens on the inside. Regardless of what happens in this group, I am very happy with my coaching skills.

No comments: